I owe you some explanation.
I actually worked on Reckless Abandon today and yesterday.
After I took my time taking a better look at how the API and Collide demonstration cartridges worked, I started yesterday. That day, I experimented with some code and did a couple of dummy tiles while adding to my notes. Today, I made the iguana character, a key, and a few tiles, the carpet tile replacing a dummy tile (that was a light green that had a dark-green outline). I also got down the rhythm and length of the main song.
I am surprised at how much I have progressed already… especially in the coding part. Then again, the Pico-8 was meant for this quick stuff.